menu
An oasis for those who love classic stories. Los Angeles Times
Community
  • A Noise Within

Donor Spotlight: Dick Roberts, the Man Who Supported ‘Madwoman’

The main intention was for me to learn more about what theatrical production involves…I don’t think there’s really another way to figure that out. I would imagine most of our donors don’t realize what goes into it. Becoming a Production Sponsor is an incredibly special experience offered at A Noise Within.  Not only does it…

• A Noise Within

Gearing Up for School With Educator Extravaganza!

Our Educator Extravaganza kicked off the school year with a bang! Over 40 educators took part in a FREE, full-day event of professional development that included text-based workshops, acting workshops, movement workshops, a preview of our entire season performed by our incredible Resident Artists, and a carnival full of food and prizes! “The Educators’s Workshop on…

• A Noise Within

Thank you, ANW Summer Interns!

This summer, our administrative office had the pleasure of sharing our space with three amazing interns! We are so grateful that they chose to spend their summers with us, and we wish them the best of luck in their next adventures.  Read on to hear from them about what their experience with us.  Anna Lund,…

• A Noise Within

Jeff Gardner is back at ANW after 25 years!

A Noise Within chats with Jeff Gardner, sound designer for The Madwoman of Chaillot and Summer with Shakespeare program alum to talk about his experiences with the theatre, and what he’s most excited for this season! We hear that you are an alum of Summer with Shakespeare ’93! Tell us a bit about your experience, and…

• A Noise Within

25th Anniversary Gala Recap

On Saturday, April 29, A Noise Within held our 25th Anniversary Gala at the California Club. Months of work were dedicated to creating a night celebrating decades of creativity and storytelling on the stage. It was a night paying homage to ANW’s supporters, recognizing brilliant artists, and ensuring the continuity of our education programming.  Our 25th Anniversary Gala…

• A Noise Within

Share your story: Leap of Faith Subscriber Mary Coman

Mary and Bill Coman have been longtime passholders to A Noise Within, they both took a leap of faith and renewed their subscriptions early for the upcoming season. Read on to see what Mary loves about being a subscriber, and some of her favorite show memories.  You are an early subscriber with us for our 17|18 season,…

• A Noise Within

ANW’s #trypod Roundup

For the month of March, major podcasters have lead an online endeavor to encourage ‘podcast awareness’ and bring new listeners into the fold. We at ANW are doing our part and participating in the aptly named #trypod by sharing our favorite shows and theatre oriented programs for those that just can’t get enough of storytelling. Tweet at…

• A Noise Within

Introducing three new ANW Board members!

We are so pleased to welcome Margaret, Armando and Bill to the ANW Board. Development Director, Amy Nance, comments “each of them bring a unique set of skills and perspectives to the Board, and we are thrilled to have them as a part of the ANW family.”  Read on below to get to know them…

• A Noise Within

The Unsung Heroes of ANW: our Volunteer Ushers

Our volunteer ushers make a huge difference in the experience of the theatre for our patrons. We share why a few of our most dedicated volunteers–Nova, Lawrence, and married couple Bambi and Ben–keep coming back and what they love about volunteering with us. Why do you volunteer here? Nova: I started ushering because I couldn’t…

• A Noise Within

Share your story: Jennifer McCreight

We chatted with passholder, Jennifer McCreight. Jennifer and her husband, Shawn, have subscriptions for the whole family to our spring season. Read on to find out what Jennifer loves about A Noise Within.  This season, I see that you have two youth passes and two adult passes. Can you talk to me a little bit about who…