About our building
Our permanent home in East Pasadena sits at the site of the Stuart Pharmaceutical building, a mid-century modern masterpiece designed by Edward Durell Stone, noted architect of Radio City Music Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Constructed in the mid-1950s, the Stuart campus, which features Stone’s distinctive façade and a striking landscape garden designed by Thomas Church, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and Features. A successful $13.5 million dollar capital campaign in 2011 brought our space into the 21st century. Our state-of-the-art, three-story, 30,000 square-foot facility boasts a 324-seat theatre and thrust stage, rehearsal space, scene and costume shops, classrooms, administrative offices, and a student learning resource center.
Infused with classical design and powered by modern magic, our new home allows us to fulfill our artistic vision, augment our highly-regarded education programs, and expand our role as a leader in the presentation and preservation of classical theatre. We hope you enjoy this space as much we do!
Great Events Start Here
- A Noise Within offers a variety of spaces for receptions, association meetings, alumni groups, and more!
- Modern Theatre Facility (max occupancy 324)
- Lobby that opens onto Outdoor Terrace (max occupancy 100)
- Conference Room with San Gabriel Mountain Views (max occupancy 25)
- Rehearsal Room (max occupancy 50)
For rental inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.