TheaterMania Streaming FAQ’s
Here are answers to frequently asked questions from our streaming platform TheaterMania.
I’m having trouble signing in to watch.
You should have already received a confirmation email of your purchase from TheaterMania Stream, but this is not the email where you will find the link to watch. Although TheaterMania invites you to create an account and password, it is not necessary to do so to view the videos from A Noise Within. Creating a TheaterMania account will not allow you to view your videos until they are made available 5 minutes before the event. However, if you are still concerned about not receiving the link to watch the stream, you can visit our how-to guide to log into TheaterMania Stream with your email address here. If you have questions or concerns about streaming, reach out to Box Office at email@example.com.
I did not receive the email with the link to watch.
You should expect an email from TheaterMania Stream via firstname.lastname@example.org approximately 5 minutes prior to the stream with the link to watch. If you cannot find this email in your inbox or spam folder, please reach out to Box Office at email@example.com.
- Google Chrome; OSX, Windows, Android; Version 69+
- Mozilla Firefox; OSX, Windows; Version 58+
- Safari; OSX, iOS; Version 10+
- Microsoft Edge; Windows; Version 15+
Troubleshooting a skipping or lagging video
- Make sure you have a fast and stable Internet connection. The following table shows the minimum speeds required for each playback quality:
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting it. Please also make sure you are using the latest, up-to-date version of a supported browser.
- Make sure you’re on a fast, reliable Internet connection. When a video plays in lower-than-expected quality, it’s likely because your Internet speed (bandwidth) or computer processing speed cannot support higher quality playback .
- If you can, try switching to a different Internet or data connection.
- Manually switch the quality of the video playback to a lower quality.
- Try browsing in an Incognito or private browsing window. This will disable your extensions and clear your cache and cookies, which often improves performance.
- If you have any internet filtering devices for your home (such as Disney Circle or Net Nanny), please turn these off as they can interfere with video playback or connectivity. Once done, close and re-open your browser and try visiting our website again.
- If you have any other devices to try, sometimes that makes a difference.
Apps: iOS (iPhone &iPad), Apple TV, Android, Roku
- Log out of the app and log back in.
- Close the app, and turn off the Wi-Fi on your device. Turn Wi-Fi back on and open the app.
- Restart your device and open the app.
- Check if there is an update for the app.
- Try uninstalling the app entirely and downloading it again.
- Also, if you have any Internet filtering devices for your home (such as Disney Circle or Net Nanny), please turn these off as they can cause issues with video playback or connectivity.
- Make sure your device and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you have a fast and stable Internet connection with a download speed of at least 500kbps.
- Unplug Chromecast and plug back in.
- Restart your wireless router or modem.
Note: At this time, TheaterMania does not support Chromecast devices that some TVs have built in. While it may work, their player is not developed to support this.
Amazon Fire TV App
How do I login on the Amazon Fire TV channel?
Using the TheaterMania Streaming Amazon channel, you can view the content easily on your TV. Follow these steps to login:
- Add the TheaterMania Streaming Amazon channel to your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open the TheaterMania Streaming Amazon channel on your Amazon Fire TV and click SIGN IN. It will give you an activation code.
- On a different device (computer or phone), visit the Activate page & login (if you are not).
- Enter the code from the Amazon channel, and click Activate.
- The TheaterMania Streaming channel should load and you are all set to watch
- If you experience buffering during playback or just wish to not use as much bandwidth while watching TheaterMania Streaming on Amazon Fire TV, you can adjust the resolution.
- On your device, navigate to Settings > Display & Sound > Display > Video Resolution. From here you can select your desired video resolution; lower resolutions will be lower in video quality but will reduce the amount of data required to playback.
If you have an Apple device, you can stream video from your computer or iPhone to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Learn more about AirPlay. We recommend you set up early to make sure there aren’t any problems.
Apple TV App
Here are the steps to install a tvOS app on your Apple TV if you are already a subscriber:
- Turn on your Apple TV (4th Generation) and open the App Store.
- Search for TheaterMania Streaming.
- Install it on your Apple TV.
- Once installed, open the app and click the Sign In button.
- The app will provide you with an activation code.
- On a computer or mobile device, visit the activate page, sign in (if you are not), and enter that code.
- The app will then refresh, and you will be able to watch TheaterMania Streaming.
Note: The TheaterMania AppleTV app should not be confused with the Apple TV+ app; this is an entirely separate app on tvOS for Apple’s original content.
How do I watch via Chromecast on my desktop?
If you have a Chromecast device, you can use that in conjunction with the Google Chrome desktop browser to watch content on your TV.
Note: At this time, TheaterMania does not support Chromecast devices that some TVs have built in. While it may occasionally work, the player is not developed to support this. Only external Chromecast devices are officially supported. Additionally, it is not possible to Chromecast via a mobile web browser (including Chrome) on iOS.
From your desktop Chrome browser (computer):
There are two ways to Chromecast a video to your TV screen: cast the entire browser window or cast from the video player. Note that both methods require your computer and your Chromecast device to be connected to the same local network.
Cast the browser tab:
By casting your browser tab, you would also be able to control the player via the browser just as you would if you were watching on your computer. When selecting this method, only the selected tab will cast; while you can navigate to other tabs on your computer, these will not be cast to the TV.
Additionally, if you navigate away from the player within the selected tab (i.e. load a different website), the video will no longer cast to your TV.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or open the View menu at the top) and select Cast.
- Select your Chromecast source and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and the video will display on your TV screen.
- To pause, fast-forward, or rewind, use the player controls within the browser tab.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination in the menu.
Cast the player:
When casting via this method, you can navigate away from the tab with the video playing and the video will continue to play on the TV screen. However, doing so would disconnect the player controls from the video on the screen and you would lose the ability to pause or scrub via the player options on the screen. To regain these controls, you would need to reset the Chromecast connection (i.e. stop casting and start again).
On the video page, hover the cursor over the player so that the player controls appear. If you see the Chromecast icon in the bottom right corner, you can cast the player via this method.
- Click the Chromecast button on the player to open the Cast tab. Select your Chromecast source and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and the video will start playing on your TV.
- To pause, fast forward, or rewind the video, use the player controls on your desktop screen.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the Chromecast icon within the player, then select the blue Stop icon next to the casting destination.
Control captions when casting:
Captions, if available, can be controlled directly within the player in the desktop browser when you are casting. They cannot be controlled on the TV screen.
If you have a Smart TV, such as Samsung, it may not be possible to log in or play the content from the built-in internet browser. In other words, it could work, but those browsers are not among Theater Mania’s currently supported browsers. If you’d like to try, here are the steps to watch on a Smart TV’s browser:
- On your TV, open the Internet browser and visit the site.
- Enter your email address, submit, and you will be emailed a link.
- On a separate device (i.e. another computer or mobile device), open your email inbox, open the login email, and click the LOGIN link.
- Go back to your TV browser, and you should be logged in to watch.
If these steps don’t work, then it’s likely that your Smart TV will not be compatible. In this case, you can try casting via Chromecast or Airplay with Apple devices.
How do I turn on subtitles?
Computer / Desktop Browser
If subtitles are available, you can select the CC icon in the lower right corner of the player and choose a language:
iOS & Android App
If subtitles are available, you can tap the subtitles icon on the bottom right corner of the player and select the language of choice:
- Load the video.
- Swipe down on the touch surface on your remote.
- If available, the subtitle option will appear and a list of the subtitles available will appear below it.
- Select the subtitle option.
Amazon Fire Devices
- Select a video to watch and start playback.
- Press the Menu option.
- Select Turn Subtitles On.
- Press Menu again to go back to the video.
I’m still experiencing issues accessing content or streaming.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support. We will make sure you can successfully watch and enjoy the performance.