Education Sales Associate
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within, one of the nation’s leading regional theatre producers, seeks to fill the position of Education Sales Associate with a bright and enthusiastic individual. The Education Sales Associate works closely with the Education Director to create meaningful and plentiful experiences for students and educators while ensuring we achieve the theatre’s strategic goals. The Education Sales Associate will be responsible for tickets sales, marketing, and promotion of the education program to K-12 and University educators.
This position will serve as the primary patron contact for educators, ensuring a high-quality customer experience for our patrons, and collaborating with the marketing team to build the company’s education sales program. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a personable and friendly demeanor.
Qualities and qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Superb written and verbal communication skills (bilingual a plus), excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Sales and marketing experience preferred; background in the performing arts a plus.
- A Noise Within invests in its employees to grow, and therefore the ideal candidate will have a
desire to learn and collaborate.
- The ideal candidate can prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work
effectively with teachers, board members, donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required. Graphic design and familiarity with design programs , CRM (patron database) and email software like Constant Contact are a plus.
- School outreach/marketing and booking of student group tickets
- Process incoming/outgoing invoices and manage educational billing and payments due/received
- Utilize ticketing platform to generate and run reports, book student groups and track progress
- Develop and execute education marketing plan with the Education Director for the entire
- Assist in ticket inventory management, particularly as related to revenue & sales goals for each
- Serve as a leader and positive example as a front-line customer service staff member.
- Write and design all segmented educational e-Blasts
- Make strategic marketing phone calls
- Work with marketing for community outreach
- Create content and increase engagement for all education program social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, twitter, etc)
- Support all education events including Student Matinees, Principal Evenings, Relaxed
Performance and Family Series productions and Professional Development Workshops
- Manage creation of study guides
- Coordinate and run all INsiders Book Club events
- Other tasks as needed
Not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they fulfill an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend only to apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
The position is full time, non-exempt, salary is $41,600 (firm), plus a generous benefits package including paid health insurance, company-matched benefit savings plan, and paid vacation. This position starts Monday, January 9th. This is a hybrid (3-day/week) position. Minimal evening and weekend availability for performances, opening nights, and education events are required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (examples include a study guide, essay, sample marketing email) to: email@example.com.
Please put “Student Sales Associate – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no follow up calls. ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization and we invite candidates to review more information here. Candidates of color and diverse background strongly encouraged to apply.