Theatre Management Internships
Thank you for your interest in A Noise Within.
We accept resumes on a rolling basis. Please call 626.356.3104 if you have any questions or to find out about internship opportunities. You can also check our open positions here.
Learn the inner-workings of a professional theatre company! Theater administration internships are available in these areas:
Management Interns will work with every department at A Noise Within to successfully support both the current season and long-term goals of the organization. Interns serious about a career in performing arts management will gain relevant experience in contract negotiation and administration, budgeting, strategic planning, governance, and other necessary skill areas. Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and experience with MS Office Suite will be viewed favorably.
Are you proactive, curious, and passionate about the arts? Are you looking for hands-on experience in a dynamic, team-based environment? Do you want your internship to make a difference?
The Marketing intern will report to the Marketing Director under supervision of the Marketing and Development Coordination to support day-to-day marketing needs and long-term projects.
Duties will include:
- Research and outreach to community groups, targeting group sales and single ticket offers
- Support Marketing Assistant in developing and managing online content—ranging from content creation/brainstorming; updating webpages; researching supplemental materials for productions; creating and maintaining a social media calendar; developing digital engagement tools
- Organize press materials from press kits to online, digital, and physical press archives
- Proofreading, editing, and calendar maintenance archiving
- Work with staff on marketing and creating The Great Escape, a full-day immersive theatre experience (to be held twice in the spring)
Interns with initiative will also have the opportunity to tailor their experience at ANW, developing their understanding of subjects that most interest them. They will be able to gain relevant experience in such areas as:
- Online and digital marketing
- Graphic design and print advertising
- Community outreach
- Content creation
- Production Research
- Marketing theatre programming
Marketing Interns are expected to be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented. Competence in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is strongly preferred. Interns will also often be asked to lift up to 20 pounds.
This position is unpaid. Interns must commit to working at least 10 hours per week for 4 months. A weekly travel stipend is available for interns working at least 20 hours per week. Interns will also receive free tickets to A Noise Within productions.
To apply, send a resume and a short paragraph about what excites you most about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Marketing Intern’ in the subject line. Visit www.anoisewithin.org for more information about the organization.
Development Interns assist in creating, developing and executing a strategic fundraising plan for individual and institutional giving to A Noise Within’s annual fund and capital campaign. This internship position also assists in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors as well as all direct marketing and event fundraising.
Education Interns will assist in the various training opportunities and programs that engage our patrons, community, students, teachers, and artists. The educational component encompasses four primary areas: 1) School and Teacher Programs, 2) Conservatory Programs, 3) Audience Enrichment, and 4) Community Outreach.
The Education Intern will report to the Director of Education and Community Outreach and work under the supervision of the Education Associate, interfacing with every department to support both day-to-day administrative needs and long-term goals.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with educational programming, including, but not limited to student matinees, Tickets for Teachers events, in-school and on-site workshops, and professional development workshops
- Conducting research for development of study guides
- Supporting Education outreach and marketing efforts
- Assisting with preparations for ANW’s extensive theatre summer camp, Summer with Shakespeare
- Preparing for and staffing special events and meetings
Interns with initiative will also have the opportunity to tailor their experience at ANW, developing their understanding of the aspects of the Education Department that most interest them. They will be able to gain relevant experience in such areas as:
- Managing an education department that serves more than 16,000 students in a year
- Communicating with teachers, principals, teaching artists, and students
- Planning and coordinating special events
- The creation of educational programming
- Dramaturgical research and curriculum development
Education Interns are expected to be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented. Previous experience in education is not required, but will be viewed favorably. Competence in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is strongly preferred. Interns will also often be asked to lift up to 20 pounds.
This position is unpaid. Interns must commit to working at least 10 hours per week for 4 months. A weekly travel reimbursement is available for interns working at least 20 hours per week. Interns will also receive free tickets to A Noise Within productions.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Director of Education and Community Outreach, Alicia Green, at email@example.com. Please include ‘Education Intern’ in the subject line. Visit www.anoisewithin.org for more information about the organization.