Art Competition: Entertaining Courage
A Noise Within is excited to announce a very special Art Competition for students 4th grade and up!
Participants will have the opportunity to create a piece of visual art that they feel best embodies this year’s theme: Entertaining Courage. This season asks fascinating, if difficult, questions about the nature of courage and we look forward to exploring the answers through your students’ art and creativity!
We want to encourage creativity and ingenuity for this competition, so submissions can be in any form that the participant chooses—painting, mixed media, drawing, and so on; we only ask that no sculptures be submitted. Along with their piece of art, students must include 3-4 sentences explaining how their piece relates to the theme.
Winners will be announced live on Thursday, November 9th at 6:00pm, just before that evening’s performance of A Tale of Two Cities! See below for full details and information. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
- All submissions must be received by Friday, October 20th. Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
- Please send all entries to: A Noise Within C/O Alicia Green, 3352 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91601
- Winners and finalists will have their art displayed in the theatre lobby for the duration of the 17-18 season.
- All submitted entries will NOT be returned and become the property of A Noise Within.
- First prize winner will receive a FREE in-class workshop conducted by ANW’s Teaching Artists and a complimentary trip for the full class to come see a show (up to 50 tickets total).
- The two runners-up will receive a family 4-pack (4 tickets) to any show of their choice in the season.
- The 9 honorable mention students will receive 2 complimentary tickets to any show of their choice in the season.
Questions about the competition?
Contact Alicia Green: 626.356.3104 | email@example.com